CESA Foodservice Equipment Industry Apprentice Award 2019
1. About the Award
The CESA Foodservice Equipment Industry Apprentice of the Year Award, sponsored by John Gilbert, is presented annually and seeks to acknowledge and celebrate an apprentice’s exceptional contribution to their workplace.
To enter the Apprentice of the Year Award, you must either be currently undertaking a recognised apprenticeship programme or have completed one within the last 12 months at a CESA member company.
Experience can include, but is not limited to apprentices in the following departments:-
• Equipment Service Industry
• Services and administration
• Electrical Engineering
• Refrigeration Engineering
• Gas Engineer
• Mechanical Engineering
• Project Management
2. Judging Criteria
Judges are looking for individuals who can showcase the difference they have made to their organisation.
Entrance will be based on the following criteria:
Commitment - Demonstrating commitment to personal development and progression.
Contribution - Showing outstanding contribution to their workplace - in particular, areas or projects where they have exceeded expectations.
Success - Demonstrating inspirational levels of achievement and attainment.
3. What are the rewards?
The person selected as the CESA Foodservice Equipment Industry Apprentice of the Year will enjoy:
• A top accolade for all the hard work that you have put into excelling and playing a leading part as an Apprentice within your organisation.
• Recognition for your commitment to personal progression within the catering equipment and foodservice industries.
• The honour of being named the best Apprentice in our sector, and recognition of your outstanding achievements.
• A bursary to cover the cost of participating in the PFS and CFSP courses.
• A trip to either HOST MILAN, GULFHOST, or NRA/NAFEM (USA), within the year in which your award was given, with a bursary to cover the cost of accommodation, travel and meals.
• VIP access to the ‘Professional Kitchen Show’ at ExCel London.
• Shortlisted candidates receive a place at the annual CESA Conference, including accommodation for one night and travel costs. (14th November 2019, The Renaissance Hotel, Heathrow, London)
• Presentation of the award at the CESA Conference by our sponsor, John Gilbert and the CESA chairman.
The Judging Process
You are encouraged to seek the support and help of a colleague or family member to help complete the application. All entries will be paper-judged, and a shortlist will be announced. Those shortlisted will be invited to attend the CESA Conference on the 14th November 2019 and the announcement of the winner will be made at the evening dinner.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Friday 18 October 2019